[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Yet Another LSC Question

leue@galen.steinmetz (04/21/89)

Here's another dumb question I forgot in my last posting:  does anyone
know anyway of inserting a page break into an LSC source file, so that
on printing, you can force a page eject so that (for instance) functions
will print starting at the top of a page?

-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com
uunet!crdgw!nmr!leue
(All usual disclaimers)

cse@pawl.rpi.edu (Christopher S. Eplett) (04/21/89)

In article <13633@steinmetz.ge.com> leue@crd.ge.com writes:
>Here's another dumb question I forgot in my last posting:  does anyone
>know anyway of inserting a page break into an LSC source file, so that
>on printing, you can force a page eject so that (for instance) functions
>will print starting at the top of a page?

I have this same problem. In our projects for programming class, the
professor expects each function on a separate page. I like the headers
LSC puts at the top of each page, so I prefer printing the code from LSC,
but to get each function on a separate page, i have to count lines and hit
the proper number of returns ( 64 lines to the page... ).

I find this rather inefficient, so I would appreciate it if anyone could help
ME out too...

						Thanx,
							Chris

ude.ipr.lwap@esc ,ttelpE ttocS rehpotsirhC
							_:REMIALCSID_
!!ti daer t'nac llits uoy ,rorrim a ot pu erutangis. siht dloh uoy fI

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (04/22/89)

In article <1416@rpi.edu> cse@pawl.rpi.edu (Christopher S. Eplett) writes:
>I have this same problem. In our projects for programming class, the
>professor expects each function on a separate page. I like the headers
>LSC puts at the top of each page, so I prefer printing the code from LSC,
>but to get each function on a separate page, i have to count lines and hit
>the proper number of returns ( 64 lines to the page... ).

Is there some reason you can't put all the functions in separate source
files?  Not only does this do what both of you want, it speeds up the
compile cycle with an average source code change.
--
Tim Maroney, Consultant, Eclectic Software, sun!hoptoad!tim
"Superhero stories could best be described as entertainment that externalizes

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (04/24/89)

In article <13633@steinmetz.ge.com> leue@crd.ge.com writes:
>Here's another dumb question I forgot in my last posting:  does anyone
>know anyway of inserting a page break into an LSC source file, so that
>on printing, you can force a page eject so that (for instance) functions
>will print starting at the top of a page?

	No can do currently; it's a nontrivial problem, because  printing
of "text" files is done graphically, rather than by streaming text.

		--Rich
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mwg@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Mike W. Groff) (04/25/89)

I am not a LSC type (or even a C type), but this should work if:
	1. you do not mind putting a comment immediately before
	   your function. eg, /*function your_function*/
and	2. you do not mind getting the source file into a word
	   processor.
If you get the file into Word 3.0 you can:
	Find What: /*function
and	Change To: ^12/*function
where ^12 is the ascii representation of shift-return.  This is the
forced page break in Word.

I don't use LSC so if I missed something obvious I'm sorry.
This is also my first post so I hope it is not a bust.
mike groff [mwg@cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu]
Disclaimer: I'm still too low on the totem pole to need a disclaimer.