[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW Unbinhex and Unstuff Tools?

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (04/27/89)

I just downloaded 101 Adobe screen fonts from Sumex.  They're binhexed
Stuffit archives.  I hate to think of de-archiving all these manually.
I thought there was a discussion of MPW tools awhile back.  Does anyone
know where I can get them?  Alternately, are there any suggestions of
other ways to do this?

Thanks,

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.

sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Milt Sagen) (04/27/89)

In article <75969@ti-csl.csc.ti.com> holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) writes:

>I just downloaded 101 Adobe screen fonts from Sumex.  They're binhexed
>Stuffit archives.  I hate to think of de-archiving all these manually.
>I thought there was a discussion of MPW tools awhile back.  Does anyone
>know where I can get them?  Alternately, are there any suggestions of
>other ways to do this?

I have a port of the UNIX utility xbin which runs under the MPW shell.

The MPW tool differs from the UNIX program in that it creates only one file
as opposed to three files (.info, .rsrc, and .data).

I'd be happy to send it to anyone who wants it, or if enough people request it
I could post it to comp.sys.mac.binaries

Milt Sagen                    Internet: sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR  97331          Tele: (503) 754-4631

malczews@aludra.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) (04/29/89)

In article <75969@ti-csl.csc.ti.com> holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) writes:

>I just downloaded 101 Adobe screen fonts from Sumex.  They're binhexed
>Stuffit archives.  I hate to think of de-archiving all these manually.
>I thought there was a discussion of MPW tools awhile back.  Does anyone
>know where I can get them?  Alternately, are there any suggestions of
>other ways to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Fred Hollander

Well, since the MPW assembly language tool called ShoveIt can create the
StuffIt (1.4) archives from within MPW (2.0.2 anywary), it shouldn't
take too much effort to reverse engineer what you want :->.  Seriously,
for those of you who want to create StuffIt 1.4ish archives, I have seen
it around in one of the Mac archives; it was posted last summer; it really
is called ShoveIt.

  -- Frank Malczewski        (malczews@castor.usc.edu)