[net.micro] mail list

w8sdz@BRL (12/20/82)

From:      Keith Petersen <w8sdz@BRL>

Gail Mckoon sent the following to me, but I thought others on the list
might be able to help with information.  Replies to address below,
please.

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: 6-Dec-82 11:05PM-EST (Mon)
From: Gail Mckoon <Mckoon at YALE>

I hope to have a  comparison between apples, wicat 150s and sage
computers at some stage (very limited in scope - to the kinds of things
we do).  Our impressions of the wicat (our psych dept bought one) is
that it runs unix ok, but is somewhat slower than one would expect from
publicity about the 68000. (6 times faster than the apple 2 in fortran
in REAL arithmetic.)  When I get something concrete I will send it off.
If you have any earlier messages about such things (that have not
appeared on WORKS) I would them or information on how to access them.

----- End of forwarded messages

THESS@dec-marlboro@sri-unix.UUCP (08/25/83)

From:  "Ted Hess" <THESS@dec-marlboro>

Would the keeper of this mailing list please place me on it, thanks. Appologies
to all others recieving this message.
			/ted
   --------