[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSC Profiler output

jamesm@sco.COM (James M. Moore) (05/11/89)

In article <17@sharkey.cc.umich.edu> cash@csmil.umich.edu (Howard Cash) writes:
>The LightSpeed C profiler sends output to a small "console" window
>on exit.  I believe it is accessed via the stdio library.  This
>window is not scrollable and if more than a few functions are
>traced, data is lost off the top of the window.  How to I catch
>the report before it rolls off into bit-hell?

I spent quite a while looking for this in the vers 3 manuals, and
never did find the information.  So, pull out your handy version 2
phone book (you didn't buy just version 3, did you? :-]), and look
in the index where you'll find that you should link in the unix.main
file, and change your main() to _main().  When your program executes,
you'll get a window asking for where to send stdout.

If you're trying to run on a 1 meg machine (using the ExitToShell()
fkey, or some other such kludge), watch out for random problems with
stdio to the console window.  It seemed to hang very frequently.
My guess was that stdio isn't very robust in very limited memory
situtiations, but I never explored it very much.  I have no idea if
it's a problem with IO to files.
--

		James Moore
			jamesm@sco.com