[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Forcing an Update

md32+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Joseph Darweesh) (05/14/89)

I'm writing a pretty simple program in LS Pascal 2.0 where I have a window
with a picture resource in it.  I then put several dialogs in it, but
when I dispose of the last dialog, the area where that dialog was is white
(the backround picture isn't there).  Is there a way that I can force an
update of that region or even the screen??

Thanks,

-Mike Darweesh
-Carnegie Mellon University
-md32@andrew.cmu.edu

phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (05/15/89)

In article <IYPC6qy00XoVE4G3lI@andrew.cmu.edu>, md32+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Joseph Darweesh) writes:
> I'm writing a pretty simple program in LS Pascal 2.0 where I have a window
> with a picture resource in it.  I then put several dialogs in it, but
> when I dispose of the last dialog, the area where that dialog was is white
> (the backround picture isn't there).  Is there a way that I can force an
> update of that region or even the screen??
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike Darweesh

How about a call to InvalRect (adds the rectangle passed to the procedure
to the update region of the window).  Then you should find an event on the
event queue for a window update that includes that region.  This is all
from memory so I hope that's right.

Computer Science Dept.,   *        ** Note New Address & UserName **        *
Liverpool University,     * JANET : PHIL@UK.AC.LIV.CS.MVA                   *
Merseyside, England,      * ARPA  : PHIL%mva.cs.liv.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu   *
L69  3BX                  *                                                 *
                          * old address SQPHIL@UK.AC.LIV.CSVAX may work     *