[comp.sys.mac.programmer] System 7.0 Q & A -- outline fonts

minow@mountn.dec.com (Martin Minow) (05/25/89)

Judging from the demo stack, outline fonts look like a nice piece of work.
When they are present on a system, will the RealFont ToolBox call always
return TRUE (since all font sizes are available)?

(I found the outline font demo stack on a bulletin board, but it hasn't
been posted to Usenet, which is just as well, as the stuffit archive
is 40K bytes.)

Martin Minow
minow%thundr.dec@decwrl.dec.com

MAC.ROMOS@applelink.apple.com (Eric Ulevik) (05/25/89)

In article <180@mountn.dec.com> minow@mountn.dec.com (Martin Minow) writes:
> Judging from the demo stack, outline fonts look like a nice piece of
work.
> When they are present on a system, will the RealFont ToolBox call always
> return TRUE (since all font sizes are available)?

Yes. So applications which outline font sizes should outline all the
available sizes.

The other significant issue is that outline fonts can be bigger than 127
points, which is all that some applications allow. So, now's the time to
allow "Other..." in your font size menus!

Eric Ulevik
email: MAC.ROMOS@applelink.apple.com            voice: (408) 974-0662
-- These writings are mine, not Apple's. That's the way I like it. --