[comp.sys.mac.programmer] RESmenu program

milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) (05/26/89)

Awhile back I picked up a program from the net called RESmenu...it was a nice
little addition to the Resource editor which made editing/creating menus
much easier.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the latest 1.2 (1989 final) release
of ResEdit.  Every time you close the RESmenu editing window, the machine
crashes.

Is there a new version of RESmenu out?  I believe I have 1.2b1.1

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306
{pur-ee,rutgers,uunet}!iuvax!ndmath!milo

t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) (05/27/89)

In article <1389@ndmath.UUCP> milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
>Awhile back I picked up a program from the net called RESmenu...it was a nice
>Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the latest 1.2 (1989 final) release

There is a 1.2b RESmenu on sumex, I don't know if it is the most current but
I do have one that works with the release 1.2 ResEdit.  If the one on sumex
doesn't work I can probally be convinced to upload the one I have.

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.programmer
Subject: Re: RESmenu program (doesn't work anymore)

--
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * UofU * t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu

mystone@caen.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (05/27/89)

In article <1932@wasatch.utah.edu> t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) writes:
>In article <1389@ndmath.UUCP> milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
>>Awhile back I picked up a program from the net called RESmenu...it was a nice
>>Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the latest 1.2 (1989 final) release
>
>There is a 1.2b RESmenu on sumex, I don't know if it is the most current but
>I do have one that works with the release 1.2 ResEdit.  If the one on sumex
>doesn't work I can probally be convinced to upload the one I have.

  This is all very strange.  The copy of ResEdit 1.2 I got had its own
MENU template in there.  It looks a lot like ResMENU, but it's a lot slicker,
and has a lot of color options.  I think it's by Alf or something like that...

Dean Yu                            | E-mail: mystone@{sol,caen}.engin.umich.edu
University of Michigan             | Real-mail: Dean Yu
Computer Aided Engineering Network |            909 Church St
===================================|            Apt C
"These are MY opinions." (My       |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
 employer doesn't want them.       |===========================================
 Actually, they don't really care  |
 what I think.  But President      |   This space intentionally left blank.
 Duderstadt does...)               |

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (05/27/89)

In article <1389@ndmath.UUCP> milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
>Awhile back I picked up a program from the net called RESmenu...it was a nice
{...}
>Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the latest 1.2 (1989 final) release
{...}
>Is there a new version of RESmenu out?  I believe I have 1.2b1.1

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Here at the R.I.T. we have ResEdit 1.3d1, dated in April 1989
(if my memory serves me right.) It has the ability to make
color menus and hirearchaical (sp?) menus and pop-up-menus,
and... (play snd... but you could do that in 1.2, or could you ?)

Anyway, it's nice and has better (taller and sizeable) windows than
ResEdit 1.2  Get it, is what I say.

--
h+@nada.kth.se  <>,,     Picture this recording studio somewhere far far away
Jon W{tte      (:))))=-  Brrrrreeeee, you bugger! (Piano in)