[comp.sys.mac.programmer] xcmd's and lightspeed c

pts@watt.acc.Virginia.EDU (Paul T. Shannon) (05/27/89)

I'm experimenting with my first xcmd's, written in  Lightspeed C, and to be
called from hypertalk.  I'm using Danny Goodman's Developers Guide,
though I've also looked at an article in May's Dr. Dobb's Journal by J.M.
Anderson.  I'm new to the Mac, and new to LSC, though I've been around
Unix, C and Dos for quite some time.

Here's my problem:  both of my sources show that an include file,  "XCmd.h"
(Anderson) or something like "HyperXCmd.h" (Goodman) is required at
compile-time.  Neither these files, or anything similar seem to be on
either of the two LSC distribution disks.  Can anyone help me here?

Also, the Anderson article mentions a book, 'XCMDs for HyperCard' by
Gary Bond, which he says has 'well-worked examples in Lightspeed C.'
Does anyone know anything about this book?

Thanks.

Paul Shannon

omh@brunix (Owen M. Hartnett) (05/28/89)

In article <656@babbage.acc.virginia.edu> pts@watt.acc.Virginia.EDU (Paul T. Shannon) writes:

>Also, the Anderson article mentions a book, 'XCMDs for HyperCard' by
>Gary Bond, which he says has 'well-worked examples in Lightspeed C.'
>Does anyone know anything about this book?

I have the Bond book, it's the only HC book I have.  It's very good as far
as XCMD examples go.  I don't have the book in front of me, but I believe
that it also has both the header file and the interfaces header file
source that you're looking for.

The book can be purchased almost everywhere, like Walden books or Egghead.

-Owen

Owen Hartnett
Brown University Computer Science

omh@cs.brown.edu.CSNET