[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW & Lisa Pascal Sources

keith@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Keith Kinoshita) (05/30/89)

	I've run into a weird problem.  I've ported a Lisa Pascal
program to MPW.  It compiles, links, and runs.  However, stuck in
the program is a call to a nonexitant procedure called "FillChar."
I've checked the pinterfaces and the source code yet no defination
is made of this FillChar procedure.
	Is FillChar an old Lisa Pascal call that got through the
source codes of MPW Pascal and MPW Linker?  This is just so strange
that I simply can't figure out any other reason.  BTW, a port to
Think's Pascal produces a compiler error at FillCHar so I'm pretty
sure it isn't my sources that is messed up.
--
Keith Kinoshita, UHCC Macintosh Programmer & Interactive Systems Assistant
INTERNET: keith@uhccux.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU     ARPA:  uhccux!keith@nosc.MIL

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/01/89)

In article <4036@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> keith@uhccux.UUCP (Keith Kinoshita) writes:

>	I've run into a weird problem.  I've ported a Lisa Pascal
>program to MPW.  It compiles, links, and runs.  However, stuck in
>the program is a call to a nonexitant procedure called "FillChar."
>I've checked the pinterfaces and the source code yet no defination
>is made of this FillChar procedure.
>	Is FillChar an old Lisa Pascal call that got through the
>source codes of MPW Pascal and MPW Linker?  This is just so strange
>that I simply can't figure out any other reason.  BTW, a port to
>Think's Pascal produces a compiler error at FillCHar so I'm pretty
>sure it isn't my sources that is messed up.

You're to be commended on checking PInterfaces and your source for FillChar,
but slapped on the wrist for not checking the MPW documentation. FillChar is
a "Predefined Routine" that "fills a specified number of characters in a
PACKED ARRAY OF char with a specified character..."

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions

keith@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Keith Kinoshita) (06/01/89)

I wrote about a "nonexistant" procedure called fillchar.  forget it.  It's
an intrinsic funtion within MPW Pascal.  It explains why I couldn't find it
in the pinterfaces nor the Toolbox calls.  thanks for all the comments.
BOY do I feel ashamed.  I'll go crawl back to my mac....