[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How do I get the List Manager to right justify text?

eacj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Julian Vrieslander) (06/01/89)

The List Manager's standard list definition procedure draws text into each
cell with left justification.  Short of writing my own list defproc, is
there any simpler way to force right justification?
--
Julian Vrieslander
Neurobiology & Behavior, W250 Mudd Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853

han@Apple.COM (Byron "No Comments" Han) (06/01/89)

In article <8071@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> eacj@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Julian Vrieslander) writes:
>The List Manager's standard list definition procedure draws text into each
>cell with left justification.  Short of writing my own list defproc, is
>there any simpler way to force right justification?
>--
>Julian Vrieslander
>Neurobiology & Behavior, W250 Mudd Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853
>UUCP: {cmcl2,decvax,rochester,uw-beaver}!cornell!batcomputer!eacj
>INTERNET: eacj@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu     BITNET: eacj@CRNLTHRY

Not really.  You MIGHT try messing with the system justification but that
is not really guaranteed to work.

Writing a custom LDEF is pretty easy.  If you need help let me know.
| Disclaimer: Apple has no connection with my postings.                       |
Byron Han, Communications Scapegoat   At Apple, we change the world everyday.
Apple Computer, Inc.                  -----------------------------------------
20525 Mariani Ave, MS27Y              Internet: han@apple.COM
Cupertino, CA 95014                   UUCP:{sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han
------------------------------------  GENIE:BYRONHAN   CompuServe:72167,1664
ATTnet: 408-974-6450                  Applelink:HAN1   HAN1@applelink.apple.COM

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (06/02/89)

In article <32109@apple.Apple.COM> han@Apple.COM (Byron "No Comments" Han)
writes:
>Not really.  You MIGHT try messing with the system justification but that
>is not really guaranteed to work.
>
>Writing a custom LDEF is pretty easy.  If you need help let me know.

And if all you're doing is drawing text, it's pretty damn near
trivial.  LDEFs are by far the cleanest of all the system's definition
resources.  Julian's reluctance probably comes from some familiarity
with the other, trickier definition procedures.  Trust us, Julian, it's
very easy to do what you want.  Maybe thirty lines of code at the
absolute most.
--
Tim Maroney, Consultant, Eclectic Software, sun!hoptoad!tim
"Superhero stories could best be described as entertainment that externalizes