[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacPascal - A Question to Apple

bond@cs.chalmers.se (Magnus Bondesson) (06/01/89)

Is MacPascal dead forever or will there be a version running under
System 4.3 and later ones? If yes, when will it appear?
Of course THINK Pascal is superior for serious work, but MacPascal
was very good for beginners.

Magnus Bondesson
Dep of Computer Science
Chalmers University of Technology
S-412 96 Gothenburg, SWEDEN

UUCP: bond@cs.chalmers.se

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/03/89)

In article <3104@fnatte.cs.chalmers.se> bond@cs.chalmers.se (Magnus Bondesson) writes:
>Is MacPascal dead forever or will there be a version running under
>System 4.3 and later ones? If yes, when will it appear?

	Macintosh Pascal is now a Symantec product; the current version is 2.1,
which seems to work pretty well on systems up to and including 6.0.3 (that's
the system that my Mac II is running...). If you need an update, contact
Marcel Mendoza at EduTech; the number is 408-372-8100.

		--Rich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (06/03/89)

In article <1989@husc6.harvard.edu> siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel)
writes:
>         Macintosh Pascal is now a Symantec product; the current version
> is 2.1, which seems to work pretty well on systems up to and including
> 6.0.3 (that's the system that my Mac II is running...). If you need an
> update, contact Marcel Mendoza at EduTech; the number is 408-372-8100.

So for interest, I called.  Marcel wasn't in, so I talked to Leslie
Karner.  She claims that the next version is available August 1st and will
fix a lot of bugs... EduTech is the exclusive educational agent for this
stuff, so don't bother calling if you're a company...

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"