[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Looking for Capp's

thitt@hydroplane.cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd A Hitt) (06/04/89)

Does anyone have a Capp's editor toolbox that they would like to sell?

I need a text editor that uses SFGetFile, SFPutFile, and does NOT save any
resources in the file.  After trying about ten different ones, I've decided
the best place to start is to role my own.

The place to start appeared to be Capp's for Lightspeed C (or Pascal).
Unfortunately, Symantec dropped the product and no one has picked it up.  I've
tried several mail order houses with no look.

My main problems with TE (currently) are tab support and files longer > 32k.
Tabs have been solved by MacTutor (Brad Nedrud).  However, that still leaves
a large part of code for dealing with long files.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

-Todd Hitt
(614) 424-3297
thitt@cis.ohio-state.edu
hitt%36.114@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/04/89)

In article <50931@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Todd A Hitt <thitt@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>Does anyone have a Capp's editor toolbox that they would like to sell?
>
>I need a text editor that uses SFGetFile, SFPutFile, and does NOT save any
>resources in the file.  After trying about ten different ones, I've decided
>the best place to start is to role my own.

	The sources to the Capps package (including PE, grep, filesearch)
are available for nonexclusive sale, and several people have purchased them.

	If you're interested, contact:

	Julie Bingham
	Director of Languages and Tools
	Symantec Corporation
	135 South Rd.
	Bedford,  MA 01730
	(617) 275-4800

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips