[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSP Custom Headers?

newman@ut-emx.UUCP (Dave Newman) (06/03/89)

All, (but mainly Rich Siegel)

How do I tell LSP to create a header of the appropriate form
for a custom code resource?  Can this be done?  I need a header
that looks like the following:

Offset    Contents
0         Open procedure entry point
2         Close procedure entry point
4         Execute procedure entry point
6         Idle procedure entry point
8         Need Idle Calls - boolean
9         (Spare)
10        Menu Title (padded to 49 Chars)
60        VCMD Name

This is the header format for a VCMD external function for
the Vantage Desk Accessory, and I'd like to write a couple
of Xternals for it.

Thanks,

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/03/89)

In article <13662@ut-emx.UUCP> newman@ut-emx.UUCP (David Newman) writes:

>How do I tell LSP to create a header of the appropriate form
>for a custom code resource?  Can this be done?  I need a header
>that looks like the following:

	Version 2.0 has an option for custom resource headers. Your custom
header should be in the form of a .O or other assembly-language file that is
the first file in the project.

		--Rich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

newman@ut-emx.UUCP (Dave Newman) (06/04/89)

Rich,

I don't have an assembler or any experience with assembly language.
Is there any other way to get what I want, or do I need to find
someone with an assembler to help me out?

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/04/89)

In article <13693@ut-emx.UUCP> newman@emx.UUCP (David Newman) writes:
>I don't have an assembler or any experience with assembly language.
>Is there any other way to get what I want, or do I need to find
>someone with an assembler to help me out?

	You could conceivably hack your resources with ResEdit to get
the desired effect, but it's a nontrivial task. For some things, an
assembler is a required item.

	You may wish to contact the makers of your software package and
ask them for advice...

		--Rich