[comp.sys.mac.programmer] When cometh C++?

uucibg@sw1e.UUCP (3929]) (06/06/89)

I'm sure this has been asked umpteen times, but I figure that it's getting
a bit closer to the release date of cfront 2.0 so there might be new info.
Can anyone who knows comment (un)officially about the lag time of Apple's C++
after the release of cfront 2.0?  How many weeks, months?  It seems like the
folks responsible for the port would have a good feel, unless Apple hasn't
been a beta (alpha?) site.

Any tidbits appreciated...

Brian R. Gilstrap                   | Southwestern Bell Telephone | Disclaimer:
...!ames!killer!texbell!sw1e!uucibg | One Bell Center Rm 17-G-4   | my mouth &
...!bellcore!texbell!sw1e!uucibg    | St. Louis, MO 63101         | fingers: my
...!uunet!swbatl!sw1e!uucibg        | (314) 235-3929              | opinions
"Winnie-the-Pooh read the two notices very carefully, first from left to right,
and afterwards, in case he had missed some of it, from right to left."
                                               -- A. A. Milne

jln@accuvax.nwu.edu (John Norstad) (06/07/89)

In article <1663@sw1e.UUCP> uucibg@sw1e.UUCP (3929]) writes:

>I'm sure this has been asked umpteen times, but I figure that it's getting
>a bit closer to the release date of cfront 2.0 so there might be new info.
>Can anyone who knows comment (un)officially about the lag time of Apple's C++
>after the release of cfront 2.0?  How many weeks, months?  It seems like the
>folks responsible for the port would have a good feel, unless Apple hasn't
>been a beta (alpha?) site.

At the Developer's conference Apple said that C++ will be released sometime
in the fall.

John Norstad      Northwestern University     jln@acns.nwu.edu