[comp.sys.mac.programmer] mach resource

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (06/07/89)

I seem to have lost my notes on what the interpretation of the "mach"
resource used in cdevs is.  I though it was in a technote somewhere,
but when I checked my TTN stack it wasn't there.

COuld some kind soul just send me a quick note with the bit  patterns?

Josh
-------------------------

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

(215) 222-7112   (home)
(215) 898-5423   (school office)

tomj@oakhill.UUCP (Tom Johnson) (06/08/89)

In article <11736@netnews.upenn.edu> hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) writes:

>I seem to have lost my notes on what the interpretation of the "mach"
>resource used in cdevs is.  I though it was in a technote somewhere,
>but when I checked my TTN stack it wasn't there.
>
>COuld some kind soul just send me a quick note with the bit  patterns?
>
>Josh

According to IM-V pg 328:
  Softmask	Hardmask	Action
  0		$FFFF		always call cdev with macDev message
  $FFFF		$0000		appear on all machines
  $7FFF		$0400		appear on all machines with ADB
  $3FFF		$0000		appear on macII only

The cdev will show up if every bit that is "0" in Softmask is also "0" in
ROM85 global, and every bit that is "1" in Hardmask is also "1" in
the low memory global HwCfgFlgs.

Hope this helps.

--tomj