[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac Assembly Language Book recommendations?

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (06/07/89)

I'm looking for a good book to teach myself Mac 68K programming.  I guess I'm
looking for a fairly introductory book on the assembly language aspects. I know
the Mac well, so the Mac aspects don't need to be (and shouldn't be) too
introductory.   I just finished Knaster's "How to Write Macintosh Software" and
I like the style of that book, basically walking you through the basics and
then getting more complicated.

I've taken a look at Westons Assembly language book, but he jumps in rather
quickly.  Is the book generally good, though?  How about Kronick's "MPW and
Assembly language programming"?  If there are any good 68K books in general, I
guess that would be good, but I really am looking for a book that teaches
assembly language programming on the Mac.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

flatmas@ladder.cs.orst.edu (Scott Timothy Flatman) (06/07/89)

In article <3680@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>I'm looking for a good book to teach myself Mac 68K programming.  I guess I'm
>looking for a fairly introductory book on the assembly language aspects. I know
>the Mac well, so the Mac aspects don't need to be (and shouldn't be) too
>introductory.   I just finished Knaster's "How to Write Macintosh Software" and

	 [ ... much deleted ... ]

>Robert
>------
>ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
>------
>generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

YES! ME TOO PLEASE! I've been looking for some time for a good intermediate
level book,though any recommendations regardless of level will be much
appreciated.

Scott Flatman
INTERNET: flatmas@ladder.cs.orst.edu
UUCP: hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!ladder.cs.orst.edu!flatmas

ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) (06/08/89)

>I'm looking for a good book to teach myself Mac 68K programming.  I guess I'm
>looking for a fairly introductory book on the assembly language aspects. I know

Weston's books are AWESOME!

-Ted