[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Problem with MPW 3.0 PasMat

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/09/89)

I have a fairly large Lisa Pascal that I'd like to run through PasMat
to make it more readable. I passed it through the version of PasMat
that comes with MPW 3.0 (the version number is 5.224), and it finished
entirely too quickly, with the message "Formatting complete, 763 lines output."

The file is in fact about 5100 lines long, and of course, the output file
was only the first 763 lines of the input file.

Does anyone have any idea on what might be wrong? I tried this with the
older version of PasMat that came with MPW 2.0.2, with similar results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

		--Rich
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 I classify myself as a real developer because my desk is hip-deep in
 assembly-language listings and I spend more than 50% of my time in TMON.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/12/89)

In article <2027@husc6.harvard.edu> siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) writes:

>I have a fairly large Lisa Pascal that I'd like to run through PasMat
>to make it more readable. I passed it through the version of PasMat
>that comes with MPW 3.0 (the version number is 5.224), and it finished
>entirely too quickly, with the message "Formatting complete, 763 lines output."
>
>The file is in fact about 5100 lines long, and of course, the output file
>was only the first 763 lines of the input file.
>
>Does anyone have any idea on what might be wrong? I tried this with the
>older version of PasMat that came with MPW 2.0.2, with similar results.

Rich,

I've seen this happen, but never with valid Pascal syntax. I've only seen
this happen if there is some syntax error in my code. It doesn't happen all
the time, it usually happens in the interface section of my program, and it
goes away when I remove the error. If you can narrow this down and give us
enough information to duplicate this, I'd appreciate it.

> I classify myself as a real developer because my desk is hip-deep in
> assembly-language listings and I spend more than 50% of my time in TMON.

Such a testimonial for Think's source level debuggers!   :-)

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions