[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Tags on disks ?

keough@mbunix.mitre.org (Jerry E. Keough) (06/07/89)

Would anyone know the correct way to ask if a disk has file tags? I know
that Apple no longer supports tags; and I know how to read and write
the tag bytes IF THEY ARE THERE. How can I tell if they are? And of
course, Apple would want me to qualify my question by asking if this
can be done so as to be "compatible" with what's out there now - and likely
to be out there in the future.

thanks,
Jerry Keough
keough@mbunix.mitre.org

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/12/89)

In article <55343@linus.UUCP> keough@mbunix.mitre.org (Keough) writes:
>Would anyone know the correct way to ask if a disk has file tags? I know
>that Apple no longer supports tags; and I know how to read and write
>the tag bytes IF THEY ARE THERE. How can I tell if they are? And of
>course, Apple would want me to qualify my question by asking if this
>can be done so as to be "compatible" with what's out there now - and likely
>to be out there in the future.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would like to point out that
in several versions of the system, even though tags were technically supported,
that they weren't always accurate.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions