[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Code timing with LSC 3.02

chcu321@ut-emx.UUCP (Michael J. Liebman) (06/09/89)

I'm a novice C programmer using LSC 3.02 on my Mac SE/30 (aka SEx).
In the interest of comparison to the MicroVax I use at the office I
was going to run some benchmark tests.  Unfortunately, I haven't been
able to find a convenient way of accessing the CPU time.  I know
about the Profiler, but I'd like a way to have the information in
variables.  Is the best way to modify profiler.c?  I suppose I can do
it if I have to.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike

  Michael J. Liebman             INTERNET:
  Dept. of Chemical Engineering    mjl@cheme1.che.utexas.edu (128.83.162.2)
  University of Texas at Austin    chcu321@emx.cc.utexas.edu (128.83.1.33)
   (512) 471-5150.ma.bell        BITNET:
                                   liebman@UTAIVC

awd@dbase.UUCP (Alastair Dallas) (06/13/89)

In article <13895@ut-emx.UUCP>, chcu321@ut-emx.UUCP (Michael J. Liebman) writes:

> ...Unfortunately, I haven't been
> able to find a convenient way of accessing the CPU time.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Mike

TickCount() isn't convenient enough for you? :-)

/alastair/