[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Color About.. boxes

pramod@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Pramod Daya) (06/09/89)

I'm trying to create a dialog box using Resedit that uses a color
logo, and it doesn't seem to be happening. When I take a picture
that's been pasted into the scrapbook, whose resource type is
identified as both PICT and PXCR, and paste it into the dialog window
in Resedit, nothing appears - the pictures seem to get saved as PXCR
resources by Resedit, but I can't view them. THe resource appears as
few hex bytes, but no picture.

Any suggestions ?

Pramod Daya
pramod@drizzle.cs.uoregon.edu

mnkonar@manyjars.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (06/10/89)

In article <4864@uoregon.uoregon.edu> pramod@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Pramod Daya) writes:

>I'm trying to create a dialog box using Resedit that uses a color
>logo, and it doesn't seem to be happening. When I take a picture
>that's been pasted into the scrapbook, whose resource type is
>identified as both PICT and PXCR, and paste it into the dialog window
>in Resedit, nothing appears - the pictures seem to get saved as PXCR
>resources by Resedit, but I can't view them. THe resource appears as
>few hex bytes, but no picture.
>
>Any suggestions ?

Yup.  That PXCR resource seems to goof things up.  What I do is open
the Scrapbook file myself using ResEdit, find the PICT I want, copy it
and paste it into my application.  Works like a charm.

The PXCR resource seems to be some kind of private data used only
by PixelPaint.

Good Luck!

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (06/13/89)

In article <4864@uoregon.uoregon.edu> Pramod Daya writes:
>I'm trying to create a dialog box using Resedit that uses a color
>logo, and it doesn't seem to be happening. When I take a picture
>that's been pasted into the scrapbook, whose resource type is
>identified as both PICT and PXCR, and paste it into the dialog window
>in Resedit, nothing appears - the pictures seem to get saved as PXCR
>resources by Resedit, but I can't view them. THe resource appears as
>few hex bytes, but no picture.

The PXCR resource is a region created by PixelPaint.  The Dialog Manager
will have no idea what to do with a PXCR.  You want the PICT resource,
which you can get by using ResEdit to go into the Scrapbook first and
copying the correct PICT, and then pasting it into your target resource
file.
--
	Roger L. Long
	bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com