[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSP 2.x Instability

mnkonar@manyjars.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (06/14/89)

Has anyone besides me noticed an increased instability
in LSP 2.0 on a Mac II running System 6.0.2 AFTER
updating it to 2.x? (Sorry, I can't remember what the
new version number is.)  This is the update that fixed
(among other things) the EventAvail bug.  The instability
is not quite as bad as LSP 1.11 was but irritating enough.

Rich?

p.s. Instability = seemingly random crashes

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/14/89)

In article <23715@srcsip.UUCP> mnkonar@src.honeywell.com (Murat N. Konar) writes:
>Has anyone besides me noticed an increased instability
>in LSP 2.0 on a Mac II running System 6.0.2 AFTER
>updating it to 2.x? (Sorry, I can't remember what the
>new version number is.)  This is the update that fixed
>(among other things) the EventAvail bug.  The instability
>is not quite as bad as LSP 1.11 was but irritating enough.
>
>Rich?

	Yes?

	(In other words, I don't seem to have any problems, beyond what
I get from gratuitously smashing the environment once in a while.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 I classify myself as a real developer because my desk is hip-deep in
 assembly-language listings and I spend more than 50% of my time in TMON.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rubinoff@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Robert Rubinoff) (06/14/89)

Since patching to 2.01, I have noticed two problems:

1) An incompatibility with the TappyType init that crashes LSP when queried
about auto-saving more than one file if you hit return instead of using the
mouse.  Since this only happens when TappyType (which is really a toy) is
installed, and can be avoided, I'm not concerned about it.

2) A couple times I've had LSP crash when typing letters at a readln looking
for integers.  I'm not sure exactly what the conditions are where this occurs.
This is a little more annoying, but since I only use the Text window for quick
and dirty code to test some other code, it's not very serious.

I also had some problems with 2.0p1 that seemed to be caused by GateKeeper
version 1.1; I just went back to GateKeeper 1.0 and all is fine.  Chris Johnson
(the author of GateKeeper) thinks he may have found the problem and fixed it
in version 1.1.1; I'm waiting to see.

   Robert