[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Windoid WDEF -- anyone got one?

jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Joseph N. Hall) (06/24/89)

Has anyone got a windoid/tear-off menu WDEF/MDEF?  I've heard repeatedly that
the HyperCard windoid will appear in System 7.0; is there any "pre-release"
version of this code available now?

amanda@intercon.uu.net (Amanda Walker) (06/25/89)

In article <3249@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Joseph N. Hall) writes:
> Has anyone got a windoid/tear-off menu WDEF/MDEF?  I've heard repeatedly that
> the HyperCard windoid will appear in System 7.0; is there any "pre-release"
> version of this code available now?

Well, in my opinion, the best place to start would be the article about
tear-off menus and palettes by Don Melton & Mike Ritter in the April 1988
issue of MacTutor.  They include a windoid WDEF and a custom MDEF that
handles dragging the outline around.  The code is written in THINK C, and
is available on MacTutor Source Code Disk #31.

It does require some extra code in your event loop to handle to handle
the floating windoids, but their scheme works nicely and doesn't step on
the compatibilty guidelines (that I know of).

--
Amanda Walker

mnkonar@manyjars.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (06/27/89)

In article <3249@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> jnh@ecemwl.UUCP (Joseph N. Hall) writes:
>Has anyone got a windoid/tear-off menu WDEF/MDEF?  I've heard repeatedly that
>the HyperCard windoid will appear in System 7.0; is there any "pre-release"
>version of this code available now?

The April 1988 (I think) issue of MacTutor has an article that expalins
how to do this.  It's in C and source code disks are available for $8.50.

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)