[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macsbug on IIcx

ric@arizona.edu (Ric Anderson) (06/23/89)

I am having a MacsBug problem.  When I use the MacsBug (5.4 I think)
from the Lightspeed C 3 diskettes on a Mac-II it works fine.  However,
it is totally catatonic on a IIcx.

At startup, you get the "MacsBug Installed" message, but if you
push the interrupt switch the whole system is frozen.  If MacsBug
is removed, pushing the interrupt switch gets you the hardware
debugger, so I think the machine is OK.

Is there a patch for the current MacsBug, or a new one for 68030
based systems?

Thanks,
Ric

Ric Anderson			Bitnet: Ric@Arizrvax
Member of the Technical Staff	Internet: ric@cs.arizona.edu
University of Arizona           AT&T: (602) 621-4048
Department of Computer Science
Gould-Simpson Room 721
Tucson, Arizona 85721

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (06/23/89)

Dear Ric -
  You need to get the latest version of MacsBug, 6.1. This version will fix your
problem as well as giving you many neat new features with which to play.
  MacsBug 6.1 is available from APDA as well as from AppleLink and Compuserve.

Jordan Mattson                         UUCP:      jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.                   CSNET:     jordan@apple.CSNET
Development Tools Product Management   AppleLink: Mattson1
20525 Mariani Avenue, MS 27S
Cupertino, CA 95014
408-974-4601
			"Joy is the serious business of heaven."
					C.S. Lewis

malczews@girtab.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) (06/24/89)

And MacsBug 6.1 is finally available on GEnie as well; they've also managed
to get ResEdit 1.2 posted too.  Now if Apple would send GEnie some of the
more recent Sample Source Codes (i.e., those >#10), that would be great!

OBTW, (when) are we going to see the Q&A stack that was mentioned a month
or so ago as soon to appear?

  -- Frank Malczewski        (malczews@castor.usc.edu)

malczews@girtab.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) (06/24/89)

In article <4193@merlin.usc.edu> I write:
>to get ResEdit 1.2 posted too.  Now if Apple would send GEnie some of the
>more recent Sample Source Codes (i.e., those >#10), that would be great!
>
>OBTW, (when) are we going to see the Q&A stack that was mentioned a month
>or so ago as soon to appear?

Oh well, I guess I should start reading the info-mac digest first; it
appears they've just gotten the source code and the latest releases of
the q&a and tech note stacks... (I'll find out soon!)

  -- Frank Malczewski        (malczews@castor.usc.edu)

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (06/29/89)

In article <4193@merlin.usc.edu> malczews@girtab.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) writes:

>And MacsBug 6.1 is finally available on GEnie as well; they've also managed
>to get ResEdit 1.2 posted too.  Now if Apple would send GEnie some of the
>more recent Sample Source Codes (i.e., those >#10), that would be great!
>
>OBTW, (when) are we going to see the Q&A stack that was mentioned a month
>or so ago as soon to appear?

The Sample Code has been out and mailed (along with the latest Q & A Stack
and Technical Notes Stack).  If the contact at GEnie has not received it yet,
he or she should contact Developer Programs to have it resent.

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_