[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Need help with technotes stack

gillies@p.cs.uiuc.edu (06/28/89)

I also noticed the technote has a CRC error.  Can someone fix the copy
on SUMEX?

wilson@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (James E. Wilson) (07/03/89)

In article <104700057@p.cs.uiuc.edu> gillies@p.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>I also noticed the technote has a CRC error.  Can someone fix the copy
>on SUMEX?

I downloaded the technote stack last week, and did not have any problems with
CRC errors (I used Stuffit 1.5.1 to un-binhex and un-stuff the stack).
A quick check shows that it hasn't been modified since I downloaded it.
Perhaps an error occured while you were downloading it?

You're welcome, and there's no charge.

Jim Wilson    wilson@ernie.Berkeley.EDU   ...!ucbvax!ucbernie!wilson
  Ya nadeyus', chto kogda-nibud'   budet       mir  na zemlye.  (Russian)
  I   hope,    that  someday    there will be peace on earth.   (angliiskii)

TALLEY-J@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (James T. Talley) (07/03/89)

I have noticed that downloads of binhex files from an IBM mainframe
sometimes have exclamation points  (!) replaced by right square
brackets (]).  This always seems to cause CRC errors.  I just go into
a word processor and replace all occurences of ] with !

It works for me.

James Talley
talley-j@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu