[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK C v3.01p4 Desk Acc. Source Debugging & hierarchical menus.

oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster) (07/05/89)

When I use Lightspeed C's DA Main.c to debug a desk accessory, everything
works fine, except that the D.A.'s hierarchical menus are ignored. How do
I modify DA Main.c to have it recognize the DA's submenus? (The DA's main
menu is recognized.)

isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ken Hancock) (07/06/89)

In article <29954@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu.UUCP (David Phillip Oster) writes:
>When I use Lightspeed C's DA Main.c to debug a desk accessory, everything
>works fine, except that the D.A.'s hierarchical menus are ignored. How do
>I modify DA Main.c to have it recognize the DA's submenus? (The DA's main
>menu is recognized.)

Yeah, you found that bug too?  I had to bash THINK over the head
to convince them that their DA shell had a bug...  Here's the fix...

		if (menuChoice) {
			MBarEnable = TheMenu;
			SystemMenu(menuChoice);
			MBarEnable = 0;
			menuChoice = 0;
		}

By the way, in addition, if you're working with 32bit Color QD,
you're going to compile it, and it might not work.... Why?  32bit
Color QuickDraw forgot to REpatch the hierarchical menu support for DAs,
so you're hierarical menus in DAs will not owrk with 32b QD.

Ken

Ken Hancock  '90                   | BITNET/UUCP/
Personal Computing Ctr Consultant  |   INTERNET:  isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
DISCLAIMER?  I don't get paid enough to worry about disclaimers.