that silly Macintosh Programmers Workshop?

Alex Chaffee			"Perhaps if I kiss you... you will melt
				 in my arms!"
chaffee@emily.uvm.edu		"Perhaps I'd rather not, you freaky
				 rock-faced spaghetti head!"
				-- The Flaming Carrot, just saying no.

sam@neoucom.UUCP (Scott A. Mason) (07/07/89)

In article <1220@uvm-gen.UUCP> chaffee@uvm-gen.UUCP (Alex D. Chaffee,231 Votey,,6581273) writes:
>Does anyone have a recommendation for a) a good book from which to learn
>assembly language on the Mac, and/or b) an assembler that isn't based on
>that silly Macintosh Programmers Workshop?

I ran across a good book for beginning Mac assembly at the library of all
places.  Here the important stuff:
  Title: Programming the Macintosh in Assembly Language
  Author: Williams, Steve
  Library of Congress #85-62542

It is an older Mac book, so it doesn't have any of the new stuff.  However,
it does cover most of the basics a beginniner Mac programmer will need such
as event and window handling.  It's got a lot of good examples too.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," and certainly don't blame me.
UUCP:  {pitt,scooter,hal,cwjcc,aablue}!neoucom!sam   INTERNET:  sam@neoucom.UUCP
Scott A. Mason, Coordinator of Systems Operations, NEOUCOM