[comp.sys.mac.programmer] a novice's first run-in with the list manager...

adams3@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Larry Adams) (07/07/89)

I'm trying to implement a *list* of text elements, as described in IM IV.
At this point, I simply want to have the window respond to double clicks
and clicks in the (vertical) scroll bar.

The double clicking is incredibly easy, but I think I'm missing something.
Does the List Manager take care of responding to clicks in the scroll
bar(s)?

It seems to me that I must write my own click loop routine to examine the
scroll bar, and track it, and scroll my list as necessary.  Is this so,
or is there a way to convince the List Manager to do it, such that I haven't
yet found?

much thanks,

	larry adams

tom@unicads.UUCP (Tom Gerardy) (07/11/89)

In article <18661@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu> adams3@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Larry Adams) writes:
>It seems to me that I must write my own click loop routine to examine the
>scroll bar, and track it, and scroll my list as necessary.  Is this so,
>or is there a way to convince the List Manager to do it, such that I haven't
>yet found?

List Manager will do it.  List Manager draws the scroll bar outside of the
rectangle you define the list with.  You will have to augment the size of
the rectangle by the size of a scroll bar to make the rectangle to test
whether an event belongs to the list, then just pass these on to the List
Manager.
	-tom-

--
   - Tom Gerardy             UUCP: ...!sun!sunpeaks!unicads!tom
     UNICAD, Inc.              or: ...!ncar!{sunpeaks|boulder}!unicads!tom