[comp.sys.mac.programmer] A/UX & Serial Port I/O

keith@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Keith Kinoshita) (06/27/89)

	I've got a problem with a communications project I'm
working on.  It works okay under Finder and MultiFinder, but
I can't seem to get it to work under A/UX.  The menus, dialog boxes,
and startup all seem to work fine.  It's as 32-bit clean as I could
have made it.  Is there something I'm supposed to do to make
serial i/o work under A/UX that is different from the Mac OS?
--
Keith Kinoshita, UHCC Macintosh Programmer & Interactive Systems Assistant
INTERNET: keith@uhccux.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU     ARPA:  uhccux!keith@nosc.MIL

dwb@sticks.apple.com (David W. Berry) (07/13/89)

In article <4185@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> keith@uhccux.UUCP (Keith Kinoshita) writes:

>	I've got a problem with a communications project I'm
>working on.  It works okay under Finder and MultiFinder, but
>I can't seem to get it to work under A/UX.  The menus, dialog boxes,
>and startup all seem to work fine.  It's as 32-bit clean as I could
>have made it.  Is there something I'm supposed to do to make
>serial i/o work under A/UX that is different from the Mac OS?
	You'll have to use A/UX style serial I/O as opposed to
using the serial manager.  The serial manager is not yet supported
under A/UX 1.1.

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb@apple.com		973-5168@408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1