[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Power Problems on Loaded Mac IIcx

alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) (07/12/89)

Rumor has it that a Mac IIcx with 8MB has a tendency toward
video flickering. Is this true? How widespread is the problem?
Does it depend on the number of planes on the video card?

-----------------------------
Alan Epstein
Meta Software Corp                   UUCP:  ...bbn!metasoft!alan
150 Cambridgepark Dr        Internet/ARPA:  alan%metasoft@bbn.com
Cambridge, MA 02140  USA
-----------------------------

sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Milt Sagen) (07/13/89)

In article <817@metasoft.UUCP> alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) writes:

>Rumor has it that a Mac IIcx with 8MB has a tendency toward
>video flickering. Is this true? How widespread is the problem?
>Does it depend on the number of planes on the video card?

I get this flickering with 4MB installed and a 4 bit video board with
monochrome monitor.  Someone one else on the net suggested to me it may
be a problem which would go away if the board was 8 bits.

Milt Sagen                    Internet: sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR  97331          Tele: (503) 754-4631

joe@gistdev.UUCP (07/14/89)

In article <817@metasoft.UUCP> alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) writes:
> Rumor has it that a Mac IIcx with 8MB has a tendency toward
> video flickering.  Is this true?    [...]

I have a Mac IIcx with 5MB and a SuperMac 8-bit card and a Sony 1303 monitor.
I have no problems at all.  I would be interested to hear from other who have
had any problems in this regard, and what configurations they have.

Joe Brownlee       | Captain, please -- not in front of the Klingons.
GIST, Inc.         |                                -- Mr. Spock, Star Trek V
1800 Woodfield Dr. | Pay attention to what I say, and you might start a trend.
Savoy, IL 61874	   | ARPANET: joe%gistdev@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
(217) 352-1165	   | UUCP   : {uunet,pur-ee,convex}!uiucuxc!gistdev!joe