[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp dialog editor for ResEdit

ken@wj.msc.umn.edu (Ken Chin-Purcell) (07/20/89)

I am looking for an editor resource for MacApp that will let
me graphically lay out my dialog boxes, just like
the regular DLOG and DITL editors.
This is for MacApp 2.0 style dialog boxes.

Does such a thing exist?  Or do I have to roll my own?

-- Ken         / The ancients have stolen all of the best signatures. /

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (07/22/89)

In article <188@uc.msc.umn.edu> ken@msc.umn.edu (Ken Chin-Purcell) writes:
>I am looking for an editor resource for MacApp that will let
>me graphically lay out my dialog boxes, just like
>the regular DLOG and DITL editors.
>This is for MacApp 2.0 style dialog boxes.
>
>Does such a thing exist?  Or do I have to roll my own?

Ken, are you asking about layouts for real Dialog Manager dialogs, or the views
that MacApp uses in their place? If the former, then ResEdit will work just the
same for MacApp as for other applications. If the latter, then you'll be able
to use a program called ViewEdit. This program has enjoyed a rather informal
and turbulent past, but has been vastly cleaned up and is released with
MacApp 2.0b9.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions