[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Disk space needed for MPW?

cca@pur-phy (Charles C. Allen) (07/24/89)

I'm contemplating getting the full MPW package along with MacApp (MPW,
C, Pascal, Assembler, SADE, MacApp).  How much disk space will all
this require?  Adding up the number of disks and multiplying by 800K
gives about 12M, but I'm hoping that's a rather naive estimate.

Charles Allen		cca@newton.physics.purdue.edu

rick@Jessica.stanford.edu (Rick Wong) (07/25/89)

In article <2382@pur-phy> cca@pur-phy (Charles C. Allen) writes:
>I'm contemplating getting the full MPW package along with MacApp (MPW,
>C, Pascal, Assembler, SADE, MacApp).  How much disk space will all
>this require?  Adding up the number of disks and multiplying by 800K
>gives about 12M, but I'm hoping that's a rather naive estimate.
>
>Charles Allen		cca@newton.physics.purdue.edu

My fully-loaded MPW system is about 12.5M.  This includes the MacApp object
files built with debugging (972K) and without debugging (512K).  If you're
hard-up for space, there's also about 1.5M of sample code included with
MPW and MacApp that you can toss.

Rick Wong
rick@jessica.stanford.edu