[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSP Flame

mikeoro@hubcap.clemson.edu (Michael K O'Rourke) (07/27/89)

I have been getting into the world of LSP and color for the first time.  I
previously have LOVED LSP.  I came from the nasty world of Turbo Pascal and
LSP was a gift from the heavens.

HOWEVER, i have come across all sorts of discrepencies between the way LSP
declares some color things and the way they are declared in IM-V.

For instance,

LSP changed WTabHandle to WCTabHandle.

There is no CWindowPtr.

(These two aren't so bad)

They also did,

AuxWinHandle to AuxWinHndl.

Redefined the Function GetAuxWin to accept a variable of type AuxWinHndl insteadof CTabHandle.

So Rich, what's up?  Are you guys trying to make life hard for us?
(By the way i have version 2.0 something or 2.1, I had 2.0 and used the
updater posted in comp.binaries.mac)

Michael O'Rourke

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (07/27/89)

In article <6075@hubcap.clemson.edu> mikeoro@hubcap.clemson.edu (Michael K O'Rourke) writes:
>I have been getting into the world of LSP and color for the first time.  I
>previously have LOVED LSP.  I came from the nasty world of Turbo Pascal and
>LSP was a gift from the heavens.
>
>HOWEVER, i have come across all sorts of discrepencies between the way LSP
>declares some color things and the way they are declared in IM-V.

	The Lightspeed Pascal 2.0 interfaces are based strictly upon the
MPW Pascal 2.0.2 interfaces, which differ in the same places from Inside
Macintosh VOlume V.

	IM-V was printed at a time when the color Toolbox interfaces
were not finalized, hence the changes.

	If you want to yell at someone, yell at the people responsible
for (a) printing the manual before the interface froze, or (b) changing
the interface after the manual froze.

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When it comes to my health, I think of my body as a temple - or at least
a moderately well-managed Presbyterian youth center." - Emo Phillips