[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Color support in MacApp

hildreth@cg-atla.UUCP (Lon Hildreth) (07/28/89)

Does MacApp 2.0b9 contain any direct support for 32-bit color quickdraw?
By that I mean, does it just tolerate color, or are there classes that
actively support it?

--
Lon Hildreth		...!{decvax,ulowell,ginosko}!cg-atla!hildreth
Agfa Compugraphic

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (07/28/89)

In article <7473@cg-atla.UUCP> hildreth@cg-atla.UUCP (Lon Hildreth) writes:
>Does MacApp 2.0b9 contain any direct support for 32-bit color quickdraw?
>By that I mean, does it just tolerate color, or are there classes that
>actively support it?

Are you looking for anything specific? I mean, what do you expect to support
color? TCtlMgr is based on Control Manager controls, and so supports full
color in that respect. TGridView simply uses the HilitColor specified by the
user. TTEView is based on Styled TextEdit. TWindows are CWindows if you are
running on a machine with CQD. TIcon will use a color Icon if you tell it to
and it can find one.

Or are you asking for "32-bit color quickdraw" support, and not simple
CQD support. Well, any application that properly uses the RGBColor techniques
will take advantage of the 32-bit pixels. However, MacApp DOES NOT use the
new routines available under 32-b CQD.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions