[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ResEdit1.3dDate: 20 Jul 89 20:10:56 GMT

nf0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Norman William Franke, III) (07/31/89)

I like ResEdit the way it is. It is much easier to manipulate files and
folders how it is set up now, I think. Then only problem I see is sometimes
you can get too many windows, and it's hard to select the one you want.
But there are INITs that make dealing with windows much easier. I would
not want to see SFGETFILES, etc, in ResEdit...

nf0i+@andrew.cmu.edu                                            Norman Franke

hammersslammers1@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) (08/01/89)

There are several messages going like this:
In article <239@6sigma.UUCP> blm@6sigma.UUCP (Brian Matthews) writes:
> While we're talking about ResEdit, I have a question for everybody.  How
> many think ResEdit should just use SF{PutFile, GetFile} like everybody
> else?
> I do, and here's why:
[Many good reasons deleted]
> Brian L. Matthews	Six Sigma
Right on! I'm usually connected to my campus' several massive Vax file
servers by AlisaShare.	Run ResEdit and even on my 20 seconds (_after_ havin
volumes and give me their unwanted contents.

On the other hand, it's nice to have a bit of diversity.
--
     _	_|\____    Nick Jackiw | Visual Geometry Project | Math Department
   / /_/   O>  \   ------------+-------------------------+ Swarthmore Colleg
   |	   O>	|  215-328-8225| jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu| Swarthmore PA 190

GOOD GRIEF!!! I have had to wads through about thirty copies of this stupid
post in the last week. I remember the incident a couple of months ago where
the mailers posted everything twice, but this is ridiculous. Either this guy
mailer is brain-dead or he is being incredibly rude by subjecting the net to
this electronic leaflet bombing. I seriously wish it would end.

David Harr   -- no .sig yet, I used all my brain-dead ideas above

rubinoff@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Robert Rubinoff) (08/01/89)

In article <3288@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu> jackiw@carthage.UUCP (Nick Jackiw) writes:
> [...]
>On the other hand, it's nice to have a bit of diversity.

Gee, is that why you posted the same message six times?

   Robert

jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu (Nick Jackiw) (08/02/89)

In article <239@6sigma.UUCP> blm@6sigma.UUCP (Brian Matthews) writes:
> While we're talking about ResEdit, I have a question for everybody.  How
> many think ResEdit should just use SF{PutFile, GetFile} like everybody
> else?
> I do, and here's why:
[Many good reasons deleted]
> Brian L. Matthews	Six Sigma
Right on! I'm usually connected to my campus' several massive Vax file
servers by AlisaShare.  Run ResEdit and even on my 20 seconds (_after_ having loaded) to scan all those remote, read-only

   / /_/   O>  \   ------------+-------------------------+ Swarthmore College

blm@6sigma.UUCP (Brian Matthews) (08/03/89)

In article <44899@tiger.oxy.edu> hammersslammers1@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) writes:
|There are several messages going like this:
|GOOD GRIEF!!! I have had to wads [sic] through about thirty copies of this
|stupid post in the last week. I remember the incident a couple of months ago
|where the mailers posted everything twice, but this is ridiculous. Either
|this guy [sic] mailer is brain-dead or he is being incredibly rude by
|subjecting the net to this electronic leaflet bombing.

If you'd bothered to do a little investigating, you probably would have
discovered what I did - that neither Nick Jackiw nor his mailer appear to
be at fault.  He was just unlucky enough to have posted the original article.
A machine upstream from his appears to have caused the duplicates.  I've
sent a note containing the pertinent information to the postmaster of the
machine in question.

|I seriously wish it would end.

But obviously not seriously enough to have actually made any attempt to
solve the problem.
--
Brian L. Matthews			blm@6sigma.UUCP
Six Sigma CASE, Inc.			+1 206 854 6578