[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp TEditText Problem

ross@cor.med.utas.oz.au (Ross Richardson) (08/02/89)

	Is there madness in my methods?  My TEditText editing fields do not
auto-wrap as the documentation suggests is the default.

	Inspector indicates that the TDialogTEView associated with the
TEditText object has fAutoWrap = FALSE.  If I override TDialogView.MakeTEView
to add a call to the ChangeWrap method, Inspector shows fAutoWrap to be
appropriate, but the text wraps to some rectangle much wider than that of the
TEditText view.

	[Am using MPW Pascal 3.0, MacApp2.0b5 (and better) and ViewEdit].

	Help!!!

Dr Ross L Richardson, (Dept of Medicine, Uni of Tasmania, Australia)
Domain:	ross@cor.med.utas.oz.AU    (ross%cor.med.utas.oz.au@uunet.uu.net)
UUCP:	{uunet,ubc-cs,ukc,enea,mcvax,nttlab}!munnari!cor.med.utas.oz!ross

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (08/04/89)

In article <1989Aug2.063940.169@cor.med.utas.oz.au> ross@cor.med.utas.oz.au (Ross Richardson) writes:

>	Is there madness in my methods?  My TEditText editing fields do not
>auto-wrap as the documentation suggests is the default.
>
>	Inspector indicates that the TDialogTEView associated with the
>TEditText object has fAutoWrap = FALSE.  If I override TDialogView.MakeTEView
>to add a call to the ChangeWrap method, Inspector shows fAutoWrap to be
>appropriate, but the text wraps to some rectangle much wider than that of the
>TEditText view.

Your stuck with that width. I have no idea how that width was determined, or
why it was hard-coded, but that's the way it is. Probably the easiest thing
to do if you want multi-line, auto-wrap edittable text is to use a TTEView
instead of a TEditText item. The problem with this is that you can't TAB in
and out of if automatically, and you have to juggle the window's target, but
this isn't too tough once you dive into the TDialog source and see what's
going on.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions