[comp.sys.mac.programmer] User Interface and document templates

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (08/04/89)

In article <3341@internal.Apple.COM> dowdy@apple.com (Tom Dowdy) writes:

|Another approach that people might consider that I feel would be superior
|to saving the print record away in your application (Which causes trouble
|on read only volumes), would be to implement stationary pads.

To my mind, this is the one single item from the Lisa user interface
that was not retained in the Macintosh that should have remained part
of the standard.

Some software packages are independently re-implementing stationery.
I'm a little surprised it took so long.
=
UUCP:     levin@bbn.com (new) or {backbone}!bbn!levin (old)
INTERNET: levin@bbn.com       		POTS: (617) 873-3463
   "The night was"

ericsc@microsoft.UUCP (Eric Schlegel) (08/06/89)

In article <43796@bbn.COM> levin@BBN.COM (Joel B Levin) writes:
>In article <3341@internal.Apple.COM> dowdy@apple.com (Tom Dowdy) writes:
>|
>|Another approach that people might consider that I feel would be superior
>|to saving the print record away in your application (Which causes trouble
>|on read only volumes), would be to implement stationary pads.
>
>To my mind, this is the one single item from the Lisa user interface
>that was not retained in the Macintosh that should have remained part
>of the standard.
>
>Some software packages are independently re-implementing stationery.

Finder 7.0 will apparently include some kind of standard interface for
applications to create stationery. I've heard this mentioned several times,
but with no more detail. Can anyone from Apple, or someone who was at the
Developer's Conference, provide some more information?

My
mailer
is
fascist