[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacTutor issues..

aw1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam C. Duncan) (08/02/89)

I want to get a subscription to MacTutor. I would also
like to get back issues of this magazine. I am often
referred to articles in this magazines when I get responses
to my programming questions. I have looked at Duane Williams'
database of old articles and am interested.

How do I get a subscription and where can I get old issues?
* Adam C. Duncan                       aw1j@andrew.cmu.edu      *
* Carnegie Mellon University           (412)268-5366            *
* GSIA Computing Group                (412)268-2276            *
*                                                               *
> like to get back issues of this magazine. I am often
> referred to articles in this magazines when I get responses
> to my programming questions. I have looked at Duane Williams'
> database of old articles and am interested.
>
> How do I get a subscription and where can I get old issues?

  If you would please send me the infomation to request a subscription to
MacTutor it would be most appreciated.
                                     Thanks,
                                           Brian Moore
                                                 (ziff@zip.eecs.umich.edu)

hildreth@cg-atla.UUCP (Lon Hildreth) (08/04/89)

In article <AYpleCy00WB9A4CFRQ@andrew.cmu.edu>, aw1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam C. Duncan) writes:
> I want to get a subscription to MacTutor. I would also
> like to get back issues of this magazine. I am often

Their address is:

	MacTutor
	P.O. Box 400
	Placentia, CA 92670

Subscription rates as of April (the latest issue I have in the office) are:

	$37.00/year for 3rd class
	$50.00/year for 1st class
	$90.00/year for Foreign
	$72.00/year for Source Code Disks

The first 4 years are available in book form.  Back issues for the later
years are available.  MacTutor is in its 5th year.

You may also order via MasterCard or Visa by calling (714)630-3730.

Despite what Tim Maroney said, I feel that MacTutor is a valuable resource.

--
Lon Hildreth		...!{decvax,ulowell,ginosko}!cg-atla!hildreth
Agfa Compugraphic

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/06/89)

MacTutor seems to have a brand new approach.  I just got their latest issue,
and I liked it about 100% better.  They have a new cover (I actually liked the
old one better), but (as they say on late night commercials): wait! that's not
all.  I found almost all of the articles very interesting and useful (which is
not always the case), and they are cutting back drastically on their coverage
of FORTH and BASIC, and increasing their OOP coverage.

All in all, quite an improvement -- at least based on this one issue.

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

ephraim@.COM (Ephraim Vishniac) (08/07/89)

In article <4861@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>MacTutor seems to have a brand new approach.
	[summary of improvements in content]
>All in all, quite an improvement -- at least based on this one issue.

Their spelling and proofreading, however, remain abysmal.  Samle?
Hiererarchiacal?  TrachCan?

Ephraim Vishniac    ephraim@think.com   ThinkingCorp@applelink.apple.com
 Thinking Machines Corporation / 245 First Street / Cambridge, MA 02142
        One of the flaws in the anarchic bopper society was
        the ease with which such crazed rumors could spread.

xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Xiaoxia Ye) (08/09/89)

Where can I get a index of all the old articles published in MacTutor?

Thanks.

Xiaoxia  Ye          INTERNET/BITNET/UUCP: xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Dartmouth College    For more info: finger xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu