[comp.sys.mac.programmer] AppleTalk Phase 2 ???

rmf00365@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/17/89)

	I am involved with a project that will be networking LocalTalk to
Ethernet.  In some of the reference material that Cayman systems sent about
their GatorBox, they mentioned AppleTalk Phase 2.  In my reading which includes
Inside AppleTalk I haven't run accross this phrase.  I would be very thankful
if some one could explain AppleTalk Phase 2 and how it will affect existing
AppleTalk software.  Thanks in advance.

Robert M. Frank
rmf00365@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
SoftMed

P.S.  If anyone has any advice about setting up a LocalTalk to Ethernet
      gateway I would appreciate any advice and recommendations.

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (08/15/89)

In article <227700010@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> rmf00365@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Ethernet.  In some of the reference material that Cayman systems sent about
>their GatorBox, they mentioned AppleTalk Phase 2.  In my reading which includes
>Inside AppleTalk I haven't run accross this phrase.  I would be very thankful
>if some one could explain AppleTalk Phase 2 and how it will affect existing
>AppleTalk software.  Thanks in advance.

Go find any weekly trade rag for the week of June 12 for the details;
Apple announced it then.  It's the new version of Appletalk.  I'm not
up on what all the features are, but an increased address space is one
of them.
--
"Inanna spoke:
	My vulva, the horn, the Boat of Heaven, is full of eagerness like