[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSP Prob, keeps crashing

alex@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Alex Heatley) (08/15/89)

PROBLEMS WITH LIGHTSPEED PASCAL 2.0

1. At random intervals, during a compile/run phase (of many unrelated source
programs), a standard SYSTEM ERROR dialog box appears, but with no writing in
it whatsoever.  There are the standard two buttons in the bottom left (again
unlabelled), only the lefthand of which works - it just resets the computer.
This typically happens once per 10 or 20 runs.  The RUN menu is left
highlighted in the menu bar.  It happens once it has finished compiling, and
is just setting up windows to run the program.  The contents of the program
itself does not seem to be responsible.

2. Again, at random intervals, As soon as RUN (or build, etc) is chosen, to
compile the program, it comes up with the hand pointing to RUNTIME.LIB in
the project window, and has an error that isn't in the user's guide.  Loading
new projects, different programs, etc makes no change - I have to quit, then
reload Lightspeed Pascal and open the project again - when it works fine until
it happens very roughly 20 or 30 compiles later.

I bought it from MacWarehouse USA about a month ago.  My registration number
is LSP20- 41345.

Can anyone give me any pointers to what might be wrong?

Alex Heatley                                Computing Services Centre
Domain: alex@rata.vuw.ac.nz                 Victoria University of Wellington
Trolls can often be found under bridges ... or in Computing Departments.

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (08/15/89)

In article <1989Aug14.220312.5213@comp.vuw.ac.nz> alex@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Alex Heatley) writes:
>PROBLEMS WITH LIGHTSPEED PASCAL 2.0

	It's possible that your project document is getting corrupted, either
by actions of your program when you run it, or by some other means. (I don't
know of any bugs that could cause this behavior...)

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When it comes to my health, I think of my body as a temple - or at least
a moderately well-managed Presbyterian youth center." - Emo Phillips