[comp.sys.mac.programmer] think C _StillDown bug, INITs and CDEVs used

halpern@csri.toronto.edu (Charles Halpern) (08/07/89)

Re the THINK C bug in which StillDown says the mouse button is up
when it's not.

The inits that I am using are (recent versions of) GateKeeper, Pyro!,
and SuperClock.

Are there any work arounds for this bug?

Should I abandon any of these inits?

chrisj@ut-emx.UUCP (Chris Johnson) (08/16/89)

In article <1989Aug7.005829.18316@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> halpern@csri.toronto.edu (Charles Halpern) writes:
>Re the THINK C bug in which StillDown says the mouse button is up
>when it's not.
>
>The inits that I am using are (recent versions of) GateKeeper, Pyro!,
>and SuperClock.
>
>Are there any work arounds for this bug?
>
>Should I abandon any of these inits?

For what it's worth, GateKeeper can't be at fault... it doesn't touch any
of the Event Manager traps, including StillDown.  Of course, this will almost
certainly change in the future... :-)

While I'm on the subject, make sure you have version 1.1.1 of GateKeeper
(apparently, word of it's release hasn't spread as efficiently as usual).

'Hope this helps,
----Chris