[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Think C vers. 4.0

wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) (08/14/89)

Picked up my upgrade to vers 4.0 at MacWorld....  Looks excellent; haven't
much chance to play with it.

Minor complaint:  The documentation is the same, except a new section
with a (good) explanation of OOP and the Class Library is added; but nothing
is mentioned about debugging objects...

Right Thing/Right Way; the disks were obviously finalized AFTER the manual--
  they include stuff not in the manual.  One of the inclusions is a COMPLETE
  paint package with tear off pallettes and everything else-- complete,
  documented source code also...

Right Thing/Right Way; Symantec should be given an award for their excellent
 and friendly service during the show.  The person at the cash register
 looked up my name several different ways (she believed I was a registered
 user and was determined to find my entry in the dBase even though I didn't
 have my registration number) so I could upgrade.  Another person mentioned
 he had no idea that Think was going to be upgrading to 4.0 when he bought
 3.0 in June and that he would have waited until July (All purchasers of 3.0
 after July 1st get a free upgrade) to purchase 3.0... the Symantec person
 looked up his registration and simply handed him the upgrade.  Bravo, good
 job guys.

(Nice demos, Rich!)

b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu

coleman@umb.umb.edu (Steve Coleman) (08/16/89)

In article <EYtZRf600UhW40fvda@andrew.cmu.edu> wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) writes:

>                                                 Another person mentioned
> he had no idea that Think was going to be upgrading to 4.0 when he bought
> 3.0 in June and that he would have waited until July (All purchasers of 3.0
> after July 1st get a free upgrade) to purchase 3.0... the Symantec person
> looked up his registration and simply handed him the upgrade.  Bravo, good
> job guys.

Since I could very well be the "person" mentioned in Bill's message, I'd
like to say "Thanks Symantec!" for my 4.0 upgrade. I purchased it on 6/27.
The salesman who helped me was helpful and friendly during a VERY busy time.
What a concept, excellent software and friendly salespeople!

                        Steve Coleman
                        UMass/Boston
                        Internet:  coleman@umb.edu
                        Bitnet:    coleman@umbsky.bitnet