[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Problem with Multifinder 6.1b7 and Hypercard

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/18/89)

Well, this bug has probably already been reported, but just in case not:

I was running HyperCard 1.2.2 under Multifinder 6.1b7.  Here's a way to get
HyperCard to crash: open the script for a button by shift double-clicking (in
button mode), and click outside the script-editing area.  Boom.

Robert
******
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
*****************************
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) (08/18/89)

In article <5040@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>Well, this bug has probably already been reported, but just in case not:
>
>I was running HyperCard 1.2.2 under Multifinder 6.1b7.  Here's a way to get
>HyperCard to crash: open the script for a button by shift double-clicking (in
>button mode), and click outside the script-editing area.  Boom.

I couldn't reproduce this.  Anyone else?

Chris Plummer                                              AppleLink: PLUMMER1
Communications Product Development                     internet: cjp@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.              UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!cjp

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/19/89)

In article <34087@apple.Apple.COM>, cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) writes...

>In article <5040@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>>
>>Well, this bug has probably already been reported, but just in case not:
>>
>>I was running HyperCard 1.2.2 under Multifinder 6.1b7.  Here's a way to get
>>HyperCard to crash: open the script for a button by shift double-clicking (in
>>button mode), and click outside the script-editing area.  Boom.
>
>I couldn't reproduce this.  Anyone else?

Well, this is really embarassing, but now I can't either.  It happened for
awhile quite consistently, but now it doesn't.  I wasn't doing any hacking, so
I'm not sure how it could have gotten in an unstable state, but ya never
know...

So I guess it was just an anomaly, but if I can reproduce it, I'll pass it on.

Robert
******