[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Re^2: Disassembling

garths%glass@Sun.COM (Garth Snyder) (08/21/89)

topping@yacht.cis.ohio-state.edu (brian e topping) writes:

> MacNosy from Jasik Designs is a very good disassembler for the Mac, if
> you can figure out how to use it.  I have been a registed owner for
> something like 2+ years now and only figured out how to use it after
> Steve released the new manuals... Some of the advanced features they
> both have to make me salivate are unusable because of bad docs and a
> wierd user interface.

I have seen and played with MacNosy and was very impressed with its
abilities.  I just don't understand the attitude behind the interface.

I could just imagine Steve Jasik leaning over my shoulder and
whispering into my ear, "Well, you see, I'm such to toooootally
hotshot programmer that it's waaaaaaaay beneath my dignity to write
user interfaces."

I suppose it has more to do with economics than attitude.  Nosy
already has that particular market sewed up.  If you want a Mac
decompiler, there's only one option.  Adding an interface probably
wouldn't sell that many more copies.

Garth Snyder
Sun Microsystems, mail drop 14-40       ARPA: garths@eng.sun.com
2550 Garcia Avenue                      ALSO: garth@boulder.colorado.edu