[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Bitmap DA's for use in Turbo Resoruce Files...

JKT100@PSUVM.BITNET (Jon E.Baker) (08/25/89)

Good Afternoon.  (or whatever time zone you are in...)

I just started writing some custom software and ran into a problem in
the Resource file of the program.  Essentially I am trying to create
a new cursor, but I do not feel like plotting the thing out and then
converting it into Hex.  What I was wondering is if someone had a program,
or preferably a DA, which you can draw a new cursor with, and then it
will give me the Hex conversion.  It would save me a lot of time and effort..
and also part of my sanity (if there is any left).

Thanks in advance....

Jonathan Baker                             Ideas Create Consequences

bayes@hpislx.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) (08/26/89)

> Good Afternoon.  (or whatever time zone you are in...)
>
> I just started writing some custom software and ran into a problem in
> the Resource file of the program.  Essentially I am trying to create
> a new cursor, but I do not feel like plotting the thing out and then
> converting it into Hex.  What I was wondering is if someone had a program,
> or preferably a DA, which you can draw a new cursor with, and then it
> will give me the Hex conversion.  It would save me a lot of time and effort..
> and also part of my sanity (if there is any left).
>

> Thanks in advance....
>

> Jonathan Baker                             Ideas Create Consequences

Doesn't MacSink have something like this? Though I think it picks up a
32x32 square. You could easily edit the source.

Scott Bayes

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Reply via mail or intl. +46 8 258 268...) (08/27/89)

Sorry to post this, but the address of the original author was trimmed
away by bayes@hpislx

In article <10910004@hpislx.HP.COM- bayes@hpislx.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) writes:
In some article someone writes
-- I just started writing some custom software and ran into a problem in
-- the Resource file of the program.  Essentially I am trying to create
-- a new cursor, but I do not feel like plotting the thing out and then
-- converting it into Hex.  What I was wondering is if someone had a program,

- Doesn't MacSink have something like this? Though I think it picks up a
- 32x32 square. You could easily edit the source.

Hey guys, what about ResEdit ? Really nice for making all kinds of resources.
If Turbo hasn't any "Use Resource File" option (for allready compiled
resource files) you could always edit your resources, (i.e. Cursor) and
then Open General and copy the Hex data.

--
This is your fortune from h+@nada.kth.se:
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.