[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac+ Programmers Interupt Bug

domingo@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Alberto Domingo) (08/29/89)

The Programmers Interrupt key of my Mac+ (10th day out of warranty)
does not work. It hangs the Mac, but the window does not appear!.
I removed the Reset/Interrupt key and reinstaled it a couple of times,
and it is the same, so I think it is not a *mechanical* problem.

I would like to know if somebody has notice of this kind of problem,
and if that is a simptom of problems in the ROM.

Please, use Email. I have frecuent problems with the news.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad English.

Alberto Domingo
CU Boulder

domingo@boulder.colorado.edu

dudek@ai.toronto.edu (Gregory Dudek) (08/29/89)

In article <11098@boulder.Colorado.EDU> domingo@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Alberto Domingo) writes:
>The Programmers Interrupt key of my Mac+ (10th day out of warranty)
>does not work. It hangs the Mac, but the window does not appear!.
>... I think it is not a *mechanical* problem.

  There's a handy INIT named "autoblack" that installs itself like
a debugger.  If you use it, and DON'T have a real debugger installed as well,
the problem you describe may appear.  The system thinks that you have installed
an alternate RAM debugger, thats why the ROM debugger doesn't work.

  To further compilcate things, the "autoblack" INIT is usually
named "MacsBug" in your system folder.  If you have a file named "MacsBug",
try renaming it to something else & rebooting.  It's also possible that
you actually have the real MacsBug program there, but it is damaged.

  Greg Dudek
--
Dept. of Computer Science (vision group)    University of Toronto
Nice mailers:  dudek@ai.utoronto.ca