[comp.sys.mac.programmer] SysParam record

) (08/31/89)

I am about to write some code which needs to deal with the system parameters
which are stored in the PRAM.  I've looked through IM and the technotes but it
seems to me that the format has changed since those were written.  Does anybody
out there have a list of what information is kept in the PRAM and where it is
put when it's loaded in?

thanks.
	david...
	...!{tektronix|ogccse}!reed!max
	max@reed.BITNET

morourk@hubcap.clemson.edu (michael orourke) (09/01/89)

In article <13244@reed.UUCP>, max@reed.UUCP (No, your Blueness!) writes:
> I am about to write some code which needs to deal with the system parameters
> which are stored in the PRAM.  I've looked through IM and the technotes but it
> seems to me that the format has changed since those were written. Does anybody
> out there have a list of what information is kept in the PRAM and where it is
> put when it's loaded in?

You will need to access the sysparamRec, but also a few others.  The new
mouse stuff if kept in the 'mcky' resource in the System File.  There
are, i believe, 6 of these resources.  Each is a longint.  If you need
the desktop patterns, there are 'PAT ' 16 and 'ppat' 16.  I think that
that pretty much covers all the system parameters you might need to
get a handle on or change.  If anybody knows of others, don't hesitate
to correct me.....

Michael O'Rourke
Clemson University