[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK C 4.0: first impressions, is Apple going to release C++?

Mats.Sundvall@bmc.uu.se (Mats Sundvall) (09/06/89)

In article <4031@internal.Apple.COM>, dgold@apple.com (David Goldsmith) writes:

> In article <949@cbnewsk.ATT.COM> ech@cbnewsk.ATT.COM (ned.horvath) writes:
>> The latest APDALog includes a note from Jordan Mattson to
>> the effect that C++ won't be in beta 'til 4Q89, and released 2Q90.
> MacApp
>> for C++ isn't even scheduled that definitely, an optimist would hope for
>> 2Q90.
>
> As I've mentioned before, people are writing MacApp programs in C++ inside
> Apple right now (ViewEdit has even been converted to C++).  Because of the

The fact that Apple is using C++ does not help us outside Apple very much.
Better go for something that exist than waiting for "semi vaporware".

> interoperability between MPW C++ and Object Pascal, it isn't necessary to
> have a special version of MacApp for C++, just a set of .h files.  Those
> exist right now, but I don't know when they will be released through APDA.

Surprise!!!

--
		Mats Sundvall

		Biomedical Center		+46/18174583