[comp.sys.mac.programmer] PBSetCat and file/folder locations

topping@dinghy.cis.ohio-state.edu (brian e topping) (09/05/89)

Hello all.  I would like to preface this post with the fact that it will be
my last for quite some time as I am moving to the far reaches of NetHell(tm),
where little more than kermit file transfers attended on both ends are
supported.  I have gained a lot of experience I may not have had otherwise
thru this board, and I really regret having to leave.  (Violins play...)

So as my last request before dying a network death and going to NetHell, could
someone give me a definitive answer on how the fields in the File Manager's
PBSetCatInfo that relate to finder information work?  Specifically , I need
info on:

	FInfo	FXInfo
	DInfo	DXInfo

I am using it for mirror image volume backups, and as you can imagine, I
_mean_ mirror image.  After it is done I will be posting it to comp.binaries...
so your time really will go towards a GoodCause(sm) that we all know and love.

As I will not be able to read the postings, please EMail responses to:

	BITNET: BETOPPIN@OWUCOMCN  (icky name for a net address)
	IfUMust:topping@cis.ohio-state.edu (I may never see it though)

Thank you for your support.
Brian Topping
BETOPPIN@OWUCOMCN (Bitnet)

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (09/07/89)

In article <59661@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>
topping@dinghy.cis.ohio-state.edu (brian e topping) writes:
> could someone give me a definitive answer on how the fields in the
> File Manager's PBSetCatInfo that relate to finder information work?

See Inside Macintosh, pages IV-104 through IV-106.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"