[net.micro] z80 lisp

broome@brl-bmd@sri-unix.UUCP (09/13/83)

From:      Paul Broome (CTAB) <broome@brl-bmd>

Here's more on the UOLISP system and NLARGE I mentioned a while back.  I had
called it Little Big LISP.

Paul <broome@brl>

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: 12 Sep 1983 1545-MDT
From: Julian Padget <PADGET@utah-20>
Subject: z80 lisp
To: broome@brl
cc: Padget@utah-20

   I saw your enquiry about the lisp system running NLARGE the other
day on microinfo. The system is now called UOLISP and is marketed
by Far West Systems, their address is:

      12368 Melody Lane,
      Los Altos Hills,
      CA 94022.

   I have actually been using a more recent version of the system and
of NLARGE. It is now even better than described in the paper. Matrices
have been fully integrated into NLARGE, and it now works for multi-precise
integers and multi-precise fixed-point numbers - in fact the other evening
I worked out pi to the first 100 places using it. Other new features are
a window package and coroutines. I am told other useful things are in the
pipeline, such as a screen-editor, and a an interface to a mouse.

   I think the current going rate is ~$300 for the system, including
a very good manual (about 300-350 pages), but contact the above address
for more details.

--Julian Padget.
-------

----- Forwarded message # 2:

Date:     Tue, 13 Sep 83 8:54:34 EDT
From:     Paul Broome (CTAB) <broome@brl-bmd>
To:       Julian Padget <PADGET@utah-20>
cc:       broome@brl, Padget@utah-20
Subject:  Re:  z80 lisp

Thanks for the additional information on NLARGE and the LISP system on
which it is built.  Your message is likely to be of interest to other
LISPers with Z80s, do you mind if I forward it to INFO-MICRO?

Paul

----- Forwarded message # 3:

Date: 13 Sep 1983 1020-MDT
From: Julian Padget <PADGET@UTAH-20>
To: broome@BRL-BMD
cc: Padget@UTAH-20

   Yes, go ahead - the existence of a good LISP system can only enhance
LISPs reputation, whilst some of the other ones currently on sale are more
likely to put people off.

--Julian.

PS: I checked on the price last night and find that the basic system
(which is interpreter compiler editor and trace package (I think)) is
only $150.
-------

----- End of forwarded messages