[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Request for macros with a programming interface.

lohr@sundog.crd.ge.com (09/19/89)

Does anyone know of a macro package, similar to Macromaker, or Automac III,
which allows a programming interface to a macro?  In other words, I would
like to invoke a macro from a THINK C program rather than from a key stroke
or from a menu choice.

Alternately, is there a code fragment which would stuff a keystroke
event into the event loop in order to simulate the keystroke which would
invoke a macro?

I realize that this is an unusual thing to do.  Generally, one would not
invoke a macro from an application program, since the existence of the macro
is not guaranteed.

Thanks,

Brion Sarachan
General Electric Corp. Research and Development

svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) (09/19/89)

In article <2380@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> lohr@sundog.crd.ge.com () writes:

>Does anyone know of a macro package, similar to Macromaker, or Automac III,
>which allows a programming interface to a macro?  In other words, I would
>like to invoke a macro from a THINK C program rather than from a key stroke
>or from a menu choice.

	Tempo II from Affinity MicroSystems can be accessed from a Think C
(or any other development system) program in a variety of ways.  They will
supply interested developers with a 'Tempo II Developers Pack' which includes
the information (and sample source) you need to access Tempo II Macros. This
includes not just executing them, but you can also test Tempo II status, start
and stop recording AND even feed it an application generated Macro.

>Alternately, is there a code fragment which would stuff a keystroke
>event into the event loop in order to simulate the keystroke which would
>invoke a macro?

	I believe, have never tried it though, that if you do a PostEvent with
the keystroke you need most/all of the Macro packages will find it. There  wa
an XCMD for Hypercard that would allow you to do just that (post a keyDown
event for use in executing Macros)

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025